Sunday, July 26, 2009

Very exciting news!

So, Dylan's been sitting on the big boy potty for awhile at school now, but never actually going potty. We started encouraging him to sit on the big boy potty at home as well. (M&M's are my form of encouragement!) Tonight he sat on the big boy potty and actually went potty! Right after bath he looked at me and said "Pee Pee, Pee Pee." So, we sat down, and he was so excited that he actually went pee! When he stood up to show me, it looked like he spit in the potty, it was so little. I said "Let's sit down and pee again!" to which he responded "Okay!" We did this a few times which showed me he has great bladder control. The last time he got up though, he was still peeing, and he was very embarrassed. I concentrated on rewarding him for going to the potty and he quickly forgot the embarrassing part. I know we have a long road ahead of us, but it's exciting that the journey has finally begun!

No comments: