Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kansas City - T-Rex Cafe

We took a mini vacation to Kansas City this past weekend.  Scott has Friday's off in the summer, and I'm still on maternity leave, so it was the perfect time to take a long weekend.  Kansas City isn't too far of a drive and has lots to offer for the kiddos.  :)  We left Thursday afternoon and got to KC just in time to experience their rush hour traffic!  Before we headed to the hotel, we stopped of at T-Rex Cafe for some dinner. It was such a neat place!  (It's very similar to Rain Forest Cafe, but with dinosaurs.)  Jackson was VERY nervous when we first arrive.  He wasn't sure about all the dino's.  Dylan was so sweet and showed him they were fake by touching all of them, and encouraging Jackson to feel them.  Soon enough Jackson was enjoying himself.
Here's Dylan telling Jackson, "See Jackson, it's not real."
There's a dino on Dylan's head!  I tried all weekend to make sure Trevor was included in pictures.  :)  He did so well hanging out in his stroller.

Getting our souvenir penny.  I'm obsessed with these machines.  Seriously, I can't pass them up.  And, yes, I do have a special book to keep them in.  
 That big T-Rex is what you see when you first walk in the restaurant.  I only got his head in the picture...he was huge.  I can see why Jackson would be a little nervous! 
 On our way out, I noticed Trevor was showing his T-Rex arms and had to take a picture!  Man I love that kid!

No comments: