Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Patch!

Despite the fact that Dylan was crabby and hadn't napped all day, we decided to try Stuckmeyer Farm's Pumpkin Patch Saturday afternoon. He did really well, until the very end. What kid wouldn't be happy with a corn maze, a fabulous playground fort, a tractor barrel choo choo ride, and kettle corn? Not to mention, Aunt Kassi and Josh showed up to surprise him! Here he is climbing up the rock wall on the playground fort. It was a taller wall than he usually attempts to climb, but he did really well climbing it. He was so proud of himself...and so was I! Here he is running through the corn maze. He was racing me to get to the end. You can see my belly button sticking out behind him!

Quick snapshot of Dylan and I at the end of the maze.

Dylan and Mom Jack O Lanterns!

The barrel Choo Choo ride. He was a little nervous to ride this one, because mommy and daddy weren't allowed to come with him. He was very excited when they first took off, but then as the tractor that was pulling them rounded the corner, I think he realized that he wouldn't be able to see us the whole time and he looked like he was seriously thinking about crying. But, he put his tough guy face on and was still smiling (sort of) when they got back. He even wanted to go again. I think the train ride was the beginning of the end though. He was rubbing his eyes when they rounded the corner to return, and at first I thought dust must have been getting in his eyes. But then, after he got off the ride he was acting beyond tired...I think he was rubbing his eyes because the choo choo ride was very close to putting him to sleep. We left shortly after that and I don't think we made it out of the parking lot before he fell asleep!

Aunt Kassi and Josh.

Family Photo op. We're kind of far away, but it's probably better that way. We took this after the train ride and Dylan was a little grumpy. He wouldn't smile or even look at the camera half the time. Plus, the scenery is pretty.

My big helper putting the wagon away when we were all done. He pulled the wagon around almost the whole time. (We didn't buy any pumpkins, so he was pulling around my purse, the camera bag and some kettle corn...not too heavy. Although, it's amazing how much stuff I can cram in my purse. It can be pretty heavy sometimes.) Here's a perfect example of my son's obsessive compulsive behavior though. We returned the wagon, and then he had to make sure that every handle on every wagon was placed a certain way. The handles were not allowed to be touching the ground. I really don't know where he gets that behavior from. Hmmm....

No comments: