Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our Escape!

Scott was in Vegas last week for work. I flew in to spend the weekend with him. I have never been, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. It was neat, I'm glad I went, but I'm not sure I need to go back. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time, I just think I prefer relaxing on a beach! (Although, I could have a different opinion if I wasn't pregnant and sober the whole weekend!) I think the part I enjoyed the most was probably the people watching. There were definitely some characters! Friday night I arrived pretty late, so we just walked around a little bit before this tired pregnant lady had to head to bed. On our walk we caught the Bellagio fountain light show. It was amazing!
Saturday we walked around...a lot. Here's a random picture of Scott and I by a fountain. I loved all the palm trees and water fountains. I think they are so pretty.
Saturday night we headed downtown to check out that light show. Here's a picture of Scott downtown. You can see the roof above him...this is what it looks like normally...
And this is what is looks like for the light show! It was pretty neat actually. My friend Jen said it's the biggest LED light show. She knows a lot of random facts, so it very well could be true! I mean, look how long it is!
Sunday we did even more walking around than we did on Saturday. (I admit, I had to take a nap on Saturday!) We went to the Coca Cola store and hung out with the Coca Cola Bear.
We also hit the M&M store. Here's a picture of me by the M&M wall. Dylan would have been in heaven.
We went up in the Eiffel tower to get a great view of the city, and to be able to say that we've been up in both the Eiffel tower in Vegas, and the one in Paris. (Although, the one in Vegas doesn't even compare...) Here's the shadow of the tower when we were in it.

Here's some random shots from Sunday. The circle steel work surrounding Scott is the work of his client at Bally's.

Here's a pic of New York, New York.

Here's a picture of me and the sphinx at The Luxor.


We ended the night with the pirate show at Treasure Island and the Volcano show at the Mirage. Here's a picture of the erupting volcano.


Thanks to Mama & Papa for watching Dylan so we could have a fun weekend! And to Mimi and G-Pa for watching Buddy!

No comments: