Sunday, May 31, 2009

New House!

Finally! Here are the pictures I said I would post. This is the front of our new house...which passed inspection! You can see the inspector and Scott hard at work!
Here's the back of the house. The deck is maintenance free and there is an in-ground sprinkler system!
You walk in the front door and right to the right is the 'formal living room.' It will be our play room for the boys.
Right to the left of the front door is the dining room. Since we have a play room now, my imaginary dining room table might become real! I never thought I'd see the day! You can see that the dining room connects to the kitchen.
And here is the kitchen. Right to the left of the fridge (which is staying so our appliances all match!) is a little hallway that takes you to the garage, bathroom, and laundry room (which is like 10 times bigger than ours is now!)
Here's a view from the kitchen to the living room. I was trying to show how open it is, but I'm not sure you get that from this picture. You can see there is lots of room for the kitchen table. The sliding glass door is to the left of the kitchen table, which takes you out to the deck. On the right side of the living room you can see an opening, which goes to the play room. It's all a big circle!
Here's a closer shot of the living room.
When you go upstairs, to the right you will find a bonus room. It's just extra open living space upstairs. Right now I think it will serve as another living room area. Eventually it may become more of an office/homework area for the boys.
To the right of the stairs is also the 3rd bedroom. For now we will be using it as our office. The orange color is not staying. Sorry to disappoint.
Here's a couple pictures of the master bedroom. It was hard to get one good picture that shows how big the room is. It's almost too big, if that's possible.
I told Scott I'm going to set up a chair or something in this corner, and it's going to be mommy's time out area. If I'm in that area, no one is allowed to talk to me. We'll see how that goes!
There are 2 more bedrooms upstairs, but the pictures didn't turn out very well. There is also a bathroom and a master bathroom. Our closing date for both houses is June 25th. It will be here before we know it! While I'm not loving all the work it is taking to pack up the house, I'm super excited to move on to the next chapter in our lives. New house and new baby. What an exciting year!

3 comments:

Evan and Maria said...

Your new house is BEAUTIFUL, Jacki!! I love it! Where is it located? CONGRATS!
Maria

Witthaus Family said...

Congratulations, Jacki! I love the house, it's absolutely gorgeous with lots of space for the growing boys! Let me know if you need help with anything!

Crystal said...

I love the new house! It's beautiful and so many areas for the toys!! Packing is horrible but it will all be worth it when you get settled in!