Monday, February 16, 2009

Magic House

Since I had the day off for President's Day, Dylan and I decided to do something fun. We went to the Magic House! (which by the way, should be called the Magic Mansion.) Dylan had a blast. He tried everything. Here is the infamous hair picture that everyone gets!
He loved any exhibit that had a ball involved. We were stuck at these two particular exhibits for awhile. The bells would ring on this one as the ball went past them.
They look like skillets to me, but they were actually bells of some sort. They would make ring every time the ball hit them.
The is the beanstalk from Jack and the Beanstalk. The kids could climb up and down the leaves instead of using the stairs. Despite many efforts to keep him off of the beanstalk, my determined son made his way. I was so nervous because there were lots of older kids that weren't paying attention to how little he was, and I thought they were going to knock him down. I knew that if Scott were with us he would tell me to relax and let Dylan try it out, so he got to try. He didn't make it very far before he got stuck...the space between the leaves was just too steep for him. Right after this picture he said "Mom, out." I had to talk him through climbing back to the exit. Maybe next time...
This is a short video from the shadow wall. The point is when the light goes off it takes a 'picture' of your shadow. Dylan didn't quite grasp that concept very well, but he saw the other kids being silly and jumping around (they were trying to make silly shadows!), so he followed suit. His jumps were a little delayed though. It's kind of hard to see, since the room is dark...until the light flashes!

No comments: