Saturday, June 28, 2008

Missouri Botanical Gardens

Dylan and I went to Missouri Botanical Gardens this morning. The weather was great...not too hot, not too humid. This summer they are featuring NIKI. There are (and I quote) "40 monumental mosaic sculptures made in a rainbow of colors and materials from fiberglass, stones, glass & mirrors." There is a skull that weighs more than a ton...I remember something about it on the news when they were bringing it to St. Louis for the exhibit. Something about it being too heavy to go over one of the bridges maybe? Anyhow, it's a very colorful display and I recommend going. It's free to get in before noon on Saturdays if you have 'proof' that you live in St. Louis County. They just asked for my zip code. They even have a little kid section for when Dylan gets a little older! Here's Dylan and I in front of the 'Nana on a dolphin' sculpture.

No comments: