Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dylan's pumpkin plant

So, back in June or July Dylan came home from school with a little plant in a Dixie cup. I thought it was a great learning opportunity. We watered it and watched it out grow the Dixie cup, and then my small pot. The teacher said it was a pumpkin plant, so we decided to plant it outside. This is what it looks like now! Holy Cow! I told the teacher about it last week and that we have 2 gourds on it now (so not a pumpkin plant!). She kind of laughed at me and said I was the only parent that actually planted it. Lesson learned: Be weary of little plants that come home in Dixie cups! You never know what they will grow to! Dylan is having a blast with it though and likes to show everyone who comes over his pumpkin plant! (He doesn't care that they aren't pumpkins!)
So excited about his new 'pumpkin'!It got bigger!
Here's a second one. And check out those leaves!

No comments: